Sunday, June 27, 2010

Before and After


I'm not much of a wimp (my daughter is laughing right now), but 90 degree heat in NJ coupled with 110 % humidity has done me in...I've wanted to sand and paint my rocking chair all weekend, but I'm not going out there!!

Instead, I am reminiscing with some of my "before & afters". Maybe I can start sanding at 8pm when the temperature goes down to 82 degrees...









Someday I'll have an air-conditioned and heated workspace...but until then, I'm at the mercy of the weather!

Til next time...stay cool!
Mona Kay

9 comments:

  1. Hey There Mona!

    Thankyou for your sweet comment on my blog (^_^) I really love yours! This post is perfect for me.. I'm just starting to re paint & upholster 2 beautiful wing back chairs & one rocking chair! But it's hot here too & summers are pretty alien to us brits =)

    I can't wait to see how it yours looks finished, you've done an amazing job on the others (love the green one!)

    Take Care =)

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are lovely Mona...with such talent you HAVE to endure the heat so we can all enjoy your creations :)
    Were running close to 115 here in AZ. I know, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chloe & Arlene!! Chloe, please take pics of your projects!

    Arlene...isn't it a DRY heat in AZ?? just kidding..bet that never gets old :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh, I love those blue chairs. the shade you have chosen is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented. That green chair is too cute! The heat has driven me inside too. I have a huge pile of project items in the garage, but just the thought of getting out there in 97 degree heat + humidity makes me wilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one!! My guilt is eased a little ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that bright green chair!! You're so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used that same blue and white fabric on an old chair from the Re-Store. I really like that green chair.

    Have a great weekend.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete